About Club Up Golf
Club Up Golf aims to help the average golfer on their journey to play better golf. We’ll help you find not only good products and tips but the right ones for where your game is currently at. Ultimately, it’s all driven by the goal of having the most fun possible out on the course!
About the Author
My name is Kyle, and I’m the creator of Club Up Golf. I’ve been golfing since I was young, but I never really took improving my game too seriously until after college. Since then, I’ve worked hard to drop my handicap from around 25 down to a 5. Outside of golf, I’m a UX designer and front-end developer, so it just made sense to start blogging about my love of golf. Hopefully, this site can be a valuable resource for you!
My Simulator Setup
I live in a state where golf stops when the snow flies, but I figured out that I could keep playing and practicing by setting up a golf simulator in my garage. I’ll be doing some simulator reviews on the blog, but here’s what I’m currently using for my setup:
My Favorite Golf Courses
I’ve had many opportunities to travel with friends and play some great golf courses. Here are some of the favorites that I recommend you check out if you have the opportunity:
- Whistling Straits – Wisconsin: It’s expensive but an amazing course with breathtaking lakeside views worth putting on the bucket list. The Irish is also a great course (just lacking the views), and Blackwolf Run nearby has a fun chipping & putting course.
- The Prairie Club – Nebraska: Two wonderful courses that alternate between public and private each day. Cabin lodging lets you walk right to the course.
- Erin Hills – Wisconsin: A fantastic course in the middle of nowhere with a fun clubhouse and pub environment to be enjoyed.
- Arcadia Bluffs – Michigan: A great course with rolling hills along Lake Michigan, opposite Whistling Straits.
- Sand Hollow – Utah: This course is carved into the canyons with some really spectacular views. There’s a lot to do in the area if you’re staying.
- Sand Valley – Wisconsin: A golf destination still growing, with multiple courses, including Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes. It’s a fun layout where the sand naturally tapers into the grass.
- Wolf Creek – Nevada: When I think of a fantasy golf course, this is what comes to mind. The elevation changes here are dramatic. I wouldn’t want this to be my daily course, but it’s a sight to be seen.
- The Quarry at Giants Ridge – Minnesota: This is a great up north, carved into the woods course.